|TEACHER||NO. CHILDREN||KEY STAGE||AGE GROUP|
Mrs K Simpson
|Reception Class Share and Shine|
|Reception Class Nativity|
|Reception Class Poetry Day|
|RSE – Relationship and Sex Education|
|Parent Information – RWI Phonics|
|Reception Curriculum Overview 2022-2023|
Reception RE Knowledge Organiser Spring 1 Local Church-Community
EYFS Knowledge Organiser - PE - 2022-2023
Reception RE Knowledge Organiser Spring Term Two Lent - Easter
If you have any safeguarding concerns during the school closure period with regard online learning please contact the Designated Safeguarding Lead (Mrs Hadfield) at school on 0161 643 3271 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
|Tasks to be Completed at Home (Remote Learning)|
In the event of a school closure this section will be used to assign class work.
|Mental Wellbeing Website List|
|Maths Website List|
|English Website List|
|SEND Website List|
|Science Website List|
|PE and Physical Activity Website List|
|RE Website List|
|TT Rockstars - Reception Instructions|
- Reception Class have discussed what reminds them of Easter. The children have created their own Easter scene.
- Today we enjoyed our Design and Technology super learning day. We designed and made Troll puppets, masks and paper flowers and even made a troll form playdough.
- Reception enjoyed wearing their PJs for world book day and sharing their favourite story book with each other.
- Today as part of Forest School we looked for signs of spring. On the way back to class we visited the Prayer Garden where we displayed some of our Lenten Promises and decorated the garden with purple ribbons.
- We have been exploring our Easter Garden and our new RE corner.
- Today we learnt about Fair Trade and then went to a Fair Trade sale.
- Reception have learnt that everyone needs a friend and we are all friends. We are all connected.
- The children watched a wonderful production this morning called 'The street where I live'.
- Reception had great fun playing with the gloop this morning (cornflour and water).
- Reception enjoyed a maths morning full of lots of different activities. Dinosaurs and brick models using 3D shapes, Dinosaur10 teeth necklaces, sorting coins and The Cake Shop buying cakes with coins.
- Just look at our dinosaur pictures!
- The children learnt lots of different ways they can walk in the footsteps of Jesus
- We went to Forest School in the snow and had a great time.
Chinese New Year
The Reception class spent this week fining out about Chinese New Year.
2023 is the lunar year of the rabbit and the children discovered that some of them were born in the lunar year of the dog and some were born in the lunar year of the rooster.
The children decorated the classroom with the things that they made including Chinese lanterns, pictures, writing, masks and table decorations.
On Thursday the children enjoyed a Chinese New Year party celebration before performing a dragon dance complete with band all around the school.
Reception class were asked to look after a mystery egg. They all wrote labels to place round the egg telling others not to touch and be quiet near the egg.
Our new topic is Dinosaurs. The children enjoy looking at fossils and pretending they are Palaeontologists.