We have a school uniform because it look smart, wears well and contributes to a sense of belonging to St John Fisher RC Primary School.
Parents are asked to conform to the school’s uniform policy. The basic uniform can be purchased from most retail outlets, except for the school sweatshirt, ties and bags which must be purchased from Broadbent’s Outfitters on Long Street, Middleton.
The following uniform is required:
|White shirt||White shirt|
|Tie (available from Broadbents)||Tie (available from Broadbents)|
|Navy V neck sweatshirt with school logo (available from Broadbents)||Navy V neck sweatshirt with school logo (available from Broadbents)|
|Grey skirt, trousers or pinafore||Grey trousers|
|Pale Blue / White Check Dress (summer term option)|
|White / Grey / Black socks||Grey/Black socks|
|Grey / Black tights (in autumn/winter)|
|Black shoes / Black trainers||Black shoes / Black trainers|
School Uniform Swap
This is where good condition donated school uniform can be swapped or can be purchased for a small donation to school funds. The aim is to save parents money and also ensure that school uniform that is still in good condition does not go to waste. If you would like to swap or purchase any uniform please call at the school office.
- Children should at all times appear neat and tidy.
- Boys should have a short neat, style of hair. Gelled, bleached, dyed or streaked hair and extreme haircuts such as tramlines and close shaves are not allowed in school.
- Children should not wear make-up or nail vanish.
- All belongings should be clearly marked with the child’s name.
- The school will not accept responsibility for loss of clothing or valuables.
- Kit should be brought into school in a small P.E. bag.
- Large holdalls are not permitted as they cause a hazard in the cloakrooms.
- We reserve the right to ban items, which may be considered harmful or unsuitable.
PE / Games Kit
The following PE kit is required:
- Plimsolls/soft-soled training shoes (outside only)
- Plain navy shorts
- Plain white T-Shirt
- Track suits in cold weather
- There should be no logos on any items of PE kit.
All children should have a PE bag, labelled with their name, to keep all PE kit in. All clothes need to be labelled.
Your child’s PE kit should be kept in a drawstring bag on their own coat peg.
PE bags may be purchased from Broadbent’s Outfitters on Long Street, Middleton..
Children must not wear items of jewellery to school as these can be dangerous during practical activities, PE and in the playground.
Following Health and Safety guidelines, earrings are no longer permitted in school. Retainers may be worn.
- The cloakrooms in school are very small and cramped.
- Reading books and homework should be kept in a special reading folder, which is available from school. During the day this will be stored in class.
- Most children should not usually need to bring another bag to school with them, but if this is unavoidable it should be a small carrier bag which can fit easily on a coat peg.